The year is 7801.
Humans are a dying species, killed out by years of greed and corruption of their very own leaders.
They have not only abolished their own planets, but hundreds of other planets in failed attempts of colonization.
The last humans are now scattered around the Universe. They are dying. The Known Space has been stripped of materials by the destructive species.
As a last breath, a small group of dedicated engineers striving to save the human race begin mass-producing self aware robotic machines. Their task is to explore the vast, unknown space, and bring back resources the humans lack.
You are one of these machines. You know the burden you carry. But you also possess free will.
Will you save humanity?
Welcome to Platinos, unit [unidentified].
Platinos is a modern 3D open world space game set in the year 7801 in development by Josh Lee (Jishaxe). You play as a robot in a vast, procedureally generated infinite multiplayer universe. Buy a ship, explore the unknowns, discover and colonize planets, build a house, build an army, conquer your sector.
Anything is possible in this massively multiplayer sci-fi game.
Here are some notable features that set Platinos apart from the rest:
- Open, infinite universe - fly through a procedurally generated universe scattered with thousands of unique planets
- Component-based damage - you will not take damage on your player as a whole, you will instead have components damaged. For example, if you are shot in the eye, you will lose your vision and will have to switch to echolocation.
- Free roaming in spaceship interiors - instead of being constrained to a pilot seat and a 3rd person view of the ship, you can freely walk around the inside of your ship, and see the beautiful starfields, planets and nebulars pass by the windows.
- Populated with procedureally generated planets - all non-important planets will be randomly generated with high quality algorithms, making every planet unique. They'll be different sizes, materials, resources, etc.
- Planetary freeroaming - land on a planet, leave your spaceship and wander around the amazing and beautiful terrain. Use collected resources to build a home and make it your permenant residence!
- Hugely immersive and detailed - listen to the low humming of your ship's engines behind you, watch as your character taps and slides controls on the ship's dashboard to replicate your action, take cover under a simple steel sheet shelter you constructed as a dangerous electrical storm rolls in to a planet you just discovered
- Massive destruction - slice planets in half with enormous, powerful lasers, send an inter-galaxy missile attack at a target somewhere remote and laugh maniacally as your terminal beeps, confirming a direct hit
Platinos is still under heavy development and isn't ready for release yet, but there are ways you can help while it's being created!
Want to support Platinos? Visit the Support us section!
Platinos will sell for $12 when it is released, but during the alpha and beta stages before release (coming soon!) the game will sell for $6. Make sure to get it then!